Saturday, April 23, 2016

Naming?? Chickens.

We have 13 chickens on our farm. 9 chickens that are a little over 12 weeks old and 4 that are around 8 weeks old.  We have been slowly coming up with names for them.  We named 4 pretty quickly, each of the older three girls named one and I named one, we have Mags, Red, Stripes and Ducklawn (thank you Paige Poo for a fun name).  Recently a friend of mine sent me a link to a post on Pinterest of a painted wooden sign listing all her chicken's names, let's just say super cute.  I think this friend offered to make it for me... RIGHT??  So, needless to say it started a naming discussion with the family.  I think we managed to name all the older 9 chickens... then I talked to this same friend and she suggested I have two named after two of my closest friends, YES, one after her.  When I thought about it, really thought about it, it made sense.  See, I have these two chickens, one a silver laced wyandotte and the other a barred rock.  Both black and white and always seem to stick together, likes sisters from a different egg.  They seem to get into a lot of trouble together, they want to party in the goat pen and not come back out.  They don't want to go to bed at night.  The don't like to share treats.  I am always chasing them while fussing at them.  Here is the best part.. I get to laugh with them, lots of silly laughs.  I introduce you to, Kim and Katrina.

Kim for a close up.

Katrina on the run.

For those of you that know Kim or Katrina, what do you think?

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

I love that Katrina is on the run!